I know it is a very common problem and there are so many solutions available on the internet, but still, some of you guys find it hard to fix the fullscreen issue.
The Sims 4 Fullscreen Issue Explained
When I first downloaded and installed the game on my PC, it only showed audio and no video. I asked the sims 4 community, and they provided me a couple of solutions.
Why The Sims 4 Fullscreen Problems Occur?
The possible reasons are:
- You PC Monitor screen has a lower resolution
- Some DLL or .Net files are missing (download from Microsoft)
- Your game is not updated
- Your PC specifications don’t support this
The Sims 4 Fullscreen Possible fixes:
Here are some solutions that have fixed my problem, any one of this will work for you.
- Toggle between windowed and fullscreen by pressing ALT and ENTER Key, now change the display setting that matches your monitor resolution.
- If your game crashes at the start-up then in the Origin application, Right-Click on the sims 4 and chooses Game Properties. Add -W in the field named as Command Line Arguments. Hit Apply and start the game.
- Go to your system Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4 and open the file named as “options.ini” in the Notepad. Now change the “fullscreen=0” to “fullscreen=1” and save the file. Relaunch the game and adjust your screen resolution.